Google Chrome users should install the latest security updates immediately, following reports that hackers are exploiting a “high-severity vulnerability” flaw, the Singapore Computer Emergency Response Team (SingCERT) said on Friday (Aug 19).
Google did not provide further information, but released Chrome 104.0.5112.101 for Mac and Linux, and Chrome 104.0.5112.102/101 for Windows to address multiple vulnerabilities.
How to update Google Chrome:
On your computer, open Chrome.
- At the top right, click More (3 dots).
- Click Help and then About Google Chrome.
- Click Update Google Chrome. Important: If you can’t find this button, you’re on the latest version.
- Click Relaunch.
On your Android phone or tablet, open the Play Store app
- Search for Chrome App
- Next to Chrome, tap Update.
On your iPhone or iPad, open the App Store.
- At the top right, tap Profile Profile.
- Scroll down to “Available Updates,” and search for Chrome App.
- If Chrome is listed, tap Update to install.